My Precious Jewel


I grow up with this covering over my head
They told me it's a command of my Creator
I begin to wonder its purpose, what is it for?
Why? Why? Why? Come the question
Little did I know until I began to know it's purpose
Then I realize that my Hijab is but my precious jewel.

This clothing over my head brings me honour
I'm respected by people and held in high regard
In every occasion my words counts
Any time I walk, I'm filled with light
My Hijab, my honour.

Each time there is trouble, I get left out
On many occasions I have been saved from chaos
Men keep a distance due to respect
With my Hijab, I become brave and face obstacles
And once again I was saved from their plot
My Hijab, my protection

Call it local, I don't care
Some never know what it worth, so they become the ignorant
Some did but never care, they just choose to ignore
I know I'm not outdated 'coz it's in vogue
My Hijab, my civilization

With this piece of clothing I'm always at alert
I become aware of what is right
I know I don't want to be known with something bad
Never did I fail to remember my manners
It symbolizes my chastity and dignity
My Hijab, my portrait

Who will I be if I refuse His command?
What will I become without my Hijab?
How will I cope without this piece of clothing?
No! I cannot but keep it with me
I love to have it on and on forever
That's -My Hijab, My Precious Jewel.

Comments

Popular Posts

The World of A Reader

Illusion

A Question of My Love